brake kit and spindle question, 74 nova - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Feb 8th, 08, 10:28 AM

metal13x has a positive reputation
Question brake kit and spindle question, 74 nova

In my research of a front dics brake upgrade for my 74 nova, i have come across a couple questions. I am going with a full kit which includes new spindles, master, booster, etc... So my questions:
1. What is the difference between a "stock height" and a "drop spindle?"
2. Most kits give me the option of a 7", 8", or 9" booster. Plus another site offered the option of a dual diaphragm booster. What would be the best size to get? Would a 9" fit into a 74 nova with a 350? Does the dual diaphragm just mean more brake power from the booster?
Any tips would help, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 08, 11:26 AM
SHIFTY4

Default Re: brake kit and spindle question, 74 nova

the booster size will tell how easy the pedal is to push... more diaphram surface area... the dual diaphram would be the best, the 7" diaphram the worst (not saying bad, just not as effective as the others)

the difference in a dropped spindle and a std spindle is the location of the pin... the dropped is raised 2" which lowers the front of the car... by 2"

the only problem i could see with the 9" diaphram unit would be valve cover clearance... the larger diameter the booster the less room to pull driver's side valve cover...

i hope i helped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement