PADDLE SHIFT A-41 Automatic Driving Videos - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Sponsors Sales & Specials

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Mar 9th, 09, 07:34 PM

Keisler has a positive reputation
Default PADDLE SHIFT A-41 Automatic Driving Videos

Hi Folks,

We have Part 1 - Cruise Mode - of the Driving video live on YouTube. It's a short 2min30 sec overview of our automatic transmission, the A-41 which is a derivative of the 4L60/65/70E Hydramatic family. It has in-car video of the product and covers the technical aspects of the product and how to drive with the Paddle Shifter.

Part 1 - Cruise Mode

Driving Video Part 2 - Paddle Shift Mode, is complete and will be live tomorrow. I will update this thread with the link when available. [edit 3/11: now live]

Enjoy!

Shafi Keisler

Last edited by Keisler; Mar 11th, 09 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 09, 07:40 PM
SHIFTY4

Default Re: PADDLE SHIFT A-41 Automatic Driving Videos

first things first... WHO is that ugly guy at the wheel

HA !!! just kidding

Man, almost makes me wish i went automatic instead of the 5spd... the added coolness of the paddles would be sweet

lookin' forward to the next stage in videos, thanks for posting that Shafi
Old Mar 11th, 09, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTY4 View Post
first things first... WHO is that ugly guy at the wheel

HA !!! just kidding

Man, almost makes me wish i went automatic instead of the 5spd... the added coolness of the paddles would be sweet

lookin' forward to the next stage in videos, thanks for posting that Shafi
Hi JR,

Yes, they are very cool and the engine braking makes the car feel like a manual. I love it.

I hope you like part 2. Fortunately, you don't see much of my ugly mug in this one!

Old Mar 11th, 09, 06:08 PM
SHIFTY4

wow, that's cooler than i thought !!! question, does the paddle set up make the trans a fully manually operated system ? in other words, if, at a stop you don't downshift into 1st and you're presently in OD, will you be in OD ?

are they available for all transmissions... th350, th400, 200 & 700r4 etc etc etc ?
Old Mar 12th, 09, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTY4 View Post
wow, that's cooler than i thought !!! question, does the paddle set up make the trans a fully manually operated system ? in other words, if, at a stop you don't downshift into 1st and you're presently in OD, will you be in OD ?

are they available for all transmissions... th350, th400, 200 & 700r4 etc etc etc ?
JR,

Yes, it is fully manually commanded. So you will need to downshift to 1st when taking off, or you'll start in what ever the last gear commanded was. I did this several times by accident during the video shoot, and edited it out to save time.

It's only available for our A-41 and the 4L60/65/70e family and the 4L80/85e family. Nothing for the hydraulic only transmission families you mentioned, as they don't have any servo/electronic controls internally.

With over 16 Million 4L6x units built to date by GM, this is the 700R4/200R4 replacement of today - with far better shift quality and performance capability.

Shafi
Old Mar 12th, 09, 06:37 PM
SHIFTY4

Thanks Shafi, i appreciate the clarification

oh, by the way... i'll replace the link i notified you about in the PM, i think i loaded the incorrect link

JohnnyRotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
4l60e, automatic, keisler, kiesler, overdrive