Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

wiring harness replacement 65 nova

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  woodnmetal 
#1 ·
hey guys im looking to replace the wiring harness in my nova as it has been hacked badly over the years. has anyone had to replace a whole harness? is it going to be a nightmare to do?

#2 ·
Look into American Autowire new Classic update kit! seems pretty straight forward and includes everything needed. and have great customer service and a 20 minute rule that means if you can't figure it out in 20 minutes call and they will help you through it. I can't tell you how easy it is to do, but looks to be simple enough for someone with alittle no how should be able to do! It looks good and fits great and has all your needs covered. My car was used for the fitting tha's why I can't say how hard it was to do! Hope this helps!

#3 ·
I also vote for American Autowire when you replace the wiring. I would replace all the wires and do it once and for all. If the wires are original from 65, after 45 years they have to be cracked and brittle. They have a complete kit to do everything including a new fuse box.
Give em a call for a quote...there good people to talk with and don't rush you over the phone.... 1-800-482-9473

Bob in CT...54 degrees, like a heat wave today..

#5 ·
ive done some research in the past few days and it looks like im going to go with the american auto wire harness it seems like the most complete kit, thank you all for your input it really helps me out. ps i just looked under the car last night and was checking everything out an noticed the trans mount is missing lol seems like the more i look the more i find wrong with this thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.