Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ramportin1 
#1 ·
Ive searched the net to no avail. My nova has some stage 1 surface rust (hopefully that's all) inside 2 panels that a hand cant get to, such as the underside of the roof skin (where that insulation stuff is) and the underside of the trunk skin. The only way I can think to remove it is media blasting but im hoping theres a trick or secret you guys use and I just don't know it :clonk: this is my first restore and ive already learned a few tricks I wouldn't have thought of.
Really don't want to have to pay someone the $600 to come out and media blast in my shop, hope no panel gets warped, then spend hours and hours cleaning up. Im building this car with absolutely zero possibility of selling, its my dream car, so I want to do it all the right way so it lasts forever.
any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys! :beers:

#6 ·
Thank you guys a lot! I thought I was stuck with rolling the dice on a blast job hoping nothing gets warped, not to mention the hassle of loading the now stripped car up in a trailer etc etc. this sounds much better, and thanks for the link! I will order some right this minute [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
question about that product, it seems like you can leave it as is but saw people saying you must paint right away over top or rust will come through, though that doesn't sound right. would I need to have paint ready for when this stuff cures or will it be just fine? (car will never leave insulated shop this way.) still got quite a long ways to go before cars ready for paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.