Keeping Your Cool - Page 2 - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling & air conditioning

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jun 1st, 16, 07:51 AM
Terry

Terry071 has a positive reputation
Default Re: Keeping Your Cool

Hey Dave just getting ideas before I order a new radiator. Car runs around 200 both hoses are hot no thermostat installed, car runs hotter with one 230. Nova has one electric fan the center of radiator is cold and I mean cold I can place my hand there all day cold. I thinking its clogged the sides are hot about 4 inches out from the outside towards the middle. Top is warm to hot bottom of radiator is also warm to hot. Even after I wait for 10 to 15 min after I shut the car off the center never warms up What do you think?
Im going to flush it out today and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 16, 09:20 AM
Senior Tech Team
Mike

onovakind67 has a positive reputation

If you don't have flow through the tubes, flushing isn't going to do much. If the radiator is otherwise serviceable you could have it rodded,
Old Nov 10th, 20, 08:21 AM

emily has a positive reputation

An aluminium radiator gives an extremely high heat output than other same sized standard steel radiators which means they are generally cheaper but they heats up a lot quicker.
Copper has superior thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, and strength which makes it ideal for car radiators. As they are made of metal, they can be used again and again.
Upgrading to a performance radiator can helps in your car maintain that sweet spot where your engine produces the most horsepower without producing too much wear and tear. Read more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement