Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1970 Nova 307 PG

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bahnz69 
#1 ·
Beautiful 307 PG Fathom blue nova...nice paint, original drivetrain, rust free...a time capsule thats been painted, and had seats recovered.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
As Dave said, are you buying or selling?

And without knowing a price, it's hard to say how you did. If you bought it and paid $25,000, it would be easy to say, and if you bought it and paid $2,500, it would be easy to say.

I think you are getting no replies because your question can't really be answered without more detail.

#7 ·
I will say it is a fine looking car at twenty feet. If it is a freshly painted car the paint can cover a lot of plastic body filler so looks can be deceiving. 1970 was my favorite year in the Nova body, though I've owned a lot of '69's (had the tiny rear tail lights), and '71's (looks same as a '70 except for the front turn signal indicator lens).

Big Dave

#8 ·
Sorry, I guess its fair i share some more detail... I saw this car advertised with pics from a distance, one family owned, rust free, etc for $12,000. I agreed to purchase sight unseen, as I too have restored 2 70 big block novas from the ground up, and have also owned 2 69 nova daily drivers. I do love the 70s, just seemed to be the one I know more about. I also love the fathom blue cars... I have owned a red and a black 70, and a same for 69. Few off color 71-72 novas, but have always loved the fathom blue.

I guess I was elated when I showed up, and this car is pristine, probably the best paint I have seen on a nova, and I have crawled all over it since and found very few flaws. The under hood has been un touched, and unrestored. The interior has has the seats covered, and maybe due to availability, the covers look a little brighter than what they should be but other than that...almost perfect.

So, I am a little excited, I think if I found a solid car in this shape, and restored it I would be north of 20k pretty easy. I do know a 307 PG car has a ceiling...but this one has to be close to it. It is not for sale, but I think its worth high teens!

#9 ·
Rust free seals the deal for me. Powertrain can be changed at any time to suit needs, but what the power train bolts into requires a higher level of skill and investment in time and material than any engine combo could.

Sounds like you got what you want and are happy, which is what this hobby is all about. Congratulations!

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.