Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Flaming River Steering Column Install - 1st Gen

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
Team,
I fabed in my flaming river steering column and wondering how people are dealing with the large opening in the firewall as it does not come through in the same location as the stock column.
Any pictures would be great!!
Thanks
Fred

1963 Chevy II Convertible
350/350 combo
12 bolt rear end
Hiedt's Front Clip

#3 ·
Unfortunately no pics, I am installing a new wiring harness and thought there has to be a better way to get it through the firewall as I was removing it.
I looked on the Flaming River site and they have several firewall adapters but none for the 1st Gen so I figured I would reach out to the group for ideas before reassembly.
So the Ididit was a direct replacement? Are you using the stock steering? I updated to a manual rack and pinion when I installed the Heidt's front clip maybe that is the difference.

#7 ·
yeah I totally understand pictures of how it was would explain a lot. I appreciate the feedback but it is likely going to be a while before I get it even mocked back in again. Very deep into the wiring harness and I hate wiring more than anything else.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.