Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1969 Nova (First muscle car)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  62 NovaWagon 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I just took delivery of my first muscle car ... a red 1969 Nova. Now the fun begins! I get to make it mine. I am a super novice when it comes to engines, transmissions, and suspensions but I have already learned quite a bit just by searching for a muscle car to purchase. It took me 3 months and hundreds of vehicles but finally settled on the Nova.
It has a 350 bored .030 over to make it a 355. It has 3.55 gears, Vortec heads, an Edelbrock carb, Edelbrock performer intake, Edelbrock fuel pump, ceramic coated headers, HEI distributor, non-stock cam (unknown), power steering and 4 wheel disc brakes. I was told it has around 400-450HP. I wont know for sure until I get it on a chassis dyno.
I purchased the vehicle without seeing it in person because it was about 800 miles away but had a 3rd party complete a pre inspection. I have had the car in my garage for 2 and already found several things that need repair as well as a few things that I would like to change over time.
I am sure I will be asking a lot of novice questions and I want to thank everyone in advance for their help. I will be sure to search through the threads before asking my questions. :beers::beers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.