Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

headers on 72 clearance

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  slim 
#1 ·
I have a 454 and I have no clearance even with the right mounts I can't fit a pair of manifolds into place... Hooker recommended some super comps and they claim that they will fit but they are pretty expensive I was curious what everyone thought as this is my first car and my first big block swap

#2 ·
I'm guessing the issue is on the driver's side. the passenger side should have plenty of room. I'm running flowtech headers. #3 cylinder tube required a little hammering (dent) and the bolt for the upper control arm was sticking out kind of far.

Attachments

#3 ·
Hi David. I don't know how much money you want to spend or what kind of end results you are looking for on your project. I ordered headers from Lemon's. they are custom made and fit like a glove. Not for the faint of heart when it comes to $$$. but you get what you pay for. There are other header builders out there also. I myself cant seem to spend a few hundred dollars and still have to hit them with a hammer to get them to fit, or they hang down too low for ground clearance, spark plug access. I don't have a lot of money, but I'm doing my project once and only buying one time. good luck

also I'm using small block motor mounts in stock location. I did not use big block mounts or move engine over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.