1970 nova rear disc conversion - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jul 6th, 19, 01:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim

jimheffern has a positive reputation
Default 1970 nova rear disc conversion

i need some help bought a conversion kit from the right stuff for my 70 nova with "staggered"shocks. time came to install E brake cables. the drivers side rear caliper faces backwards and cannot hook up E brake cable. called The Right Stuff and told them i got 2 right calipers and no left.........they said thats correct for staggered shocks. i HOPE I FEEL LIKE A STUPID IDIOT WHEN SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW DO INSTALL A RT CALIPER ON THE LEFT SIDE AND HAVE THE eBRAKE CABLE BRAKET AND SPRING TOWARDS THE FRONT OF CAR. Havent been able to find a video link for this staggered shock kit anyone know of a link? feel free to call me also Jim (the idiot)???? 318-349-5385
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 19, 03:36 PM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: 1970 nova rear disc conversion

You are not an idiot Jim Right Stuff is.

All rear disc brakes except for the Camaro four wheel brake option offered in 1968-'69 (RPO J56) are pieced together from GM parts bin from different vendors from different decades. They don't make these parts they source them the same way your Chinese Discounted Auto Parts store does from the cheapest manufacture they can find.

There are some who sell C5 or C6 Corvette brakes but they are expensive and require adapters to fit your live axle. Others sell Cadillac parts of a very late model, or an earlier 1978-'79 Nova that was rebadged as a Cadillac El Darado.

If I were going to go discs in the rear (I wouldn't I would put on the bigger brakes off of an Impala that had 11 drums instead of the Novas 9 inch drums) I would source them from Baer or Wilwood as they are custom made to fit your car. They are not cheap.

Big Dave
Old Jul 7th, 19, 01:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim

jimheffern has a positive reputation
Default Re: 1970 nova rear disc conversion

thanks Dave. pi$$e$ me off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement