Standard -HD radiator for 67 283 AT - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Dec 9th, 18, 07:15 PM

RandelBarrett has a positive reputation
Default Standard -HD radiator for 67 283 AT

I am try to figure out which radiator I actually have in my 67 nova, says it has a 283 with powerglide, the one actually in car is a 3 row ,this is a non airconditioned car, which I intend to put an A/c in

Last edited by RandelBarrett; Dec 9th, 18 at 07:16 PM. Reason: cause i am an idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 18, 08:38 PM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: Standard -HD radiator for 67 283 AT

If it still has the original Harrison tag on it you could look up the application in Chevrolet by the Numbers.

Not likely to be original because Chevrolet was cheap. They never put any part bigger than needed in any car ever. If it required it they would install a heavier duty radiator. But other wise the base engine 283 got a two row radiator. A motor rated over 300 horse (in a '67 Chevy II that would be a 325 horse or 350 horse 327); or a 283 or a 327 with air conditioning would also get a three row radiator.

If it had a cooling tank for an automatic transmission it would get a higher fin count radiator because the automatic was dumping in a lot of heat at idle.

Over the years (and unless you bought this car new in 1966 when they first came out anything could have been replaced since it left the factory. I had a 427 BBC in mine: painted orange with chromed valve covers. Looked very original.

Big Dave
Old Mar 22nd, 19, 01:00 AM
Gary

railroader has a positive reputation

I need to make a decision on radiator also. The Nova I'm restoring is 1967 SS. Radiator has Harrison stamped on the top but I don't see anything else on it. Car originally had 327 and the radiator has transmission tank. Radiator is leaking. $85 to fix (if repairable) and $225 to $250 (Champion 3 row) to replace.
How can you determine the number of rows in a radiator?

Old Mar 22nd, 19, 10:00 AM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation

Remove the radiator cap and look inside. Count the rows.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement