wiring harness replacement 65 nova - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jan 25th, 10, 04:50 AM
nick

SS Nick has a positive reputation
Default wiring harness replacement 65 nova

hey guys im looking to replace the wiring harness in my nova as it has been hacked badly over the years. has anyone had to replace a whole harness? is it going to be a nightmare to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 10, 07:46 AM
Tech Team
Rich

ss67nova has a positive reputation
Default Re: wiring harness replacement 65 nova

Look into American Autowire new Classic update kit! seems pretty straight forward and includes everything needed. and have great customer service and a 20 minute rule that means if you can't figure it out in 20 minutes call and they will help you through it. I can't tell you how easy it is to do, but looks to be simple enough for someone with alittle no how should be able to do! It looks good and fits great and has all your needs covered. My car was used for the fitting tha's why I can't say how hard it was to do! Hope this helps!
Old Jan 25th, 10, 09:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
ROBERT

NOVABOB has a positive reputation

I also vote for American Autowire when you replace the wiring. I would replace all the wires and do it once and for all. If the wires are original from 65, after 45 years they have to be cracked and brittle. They have a complete kit to do everything including a new fuse box.
Give em a call for a quote...there good people to talk with and don't rush you over the phone.... 1-800-482-9473

Bob in CT...54 degrees, like a heat wave today..

Old Jan 25th, 10, 10:12 AM
Tech Team
john

woodnmetal has a positive reputation

I got all new original wiring harnesses for my 67 Just plug and play. I have not installed them, but how hard can it be.. All the plugs and wiring are an exact replacement... If you have to make up the harness yourself then it would be alot more work.
Old Jan 27th, 10, 04:07 PM
nick

SS Nick has a positive reputation

ive done some research in the past few days and it looks like im going to go with the american auto wire harness it seems like the most complete kit, thank you all for your input it really helps me out. ps i just looked under the car last night and was checking everything out an noticed the trans mount is missing lol seems like the more i look the more i find wrong with this thing
Old Jan 27th, 10, 04:51 PM
Tech Team
john

woodnmetal has a positive reputation

Yeah Nick.... I know the feeling... the more you look the more you find... The bad part is the more expensive it get's. But what else can you do and have this much fun? good luck with wiring..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement