Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Good 69 Nova assembly/disassembly manual?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  1969Nova355 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good 69 Nova assembly/disassembly manual that shows explosion views of the different parts on the vehicle along with part numbers. For instance if I want to take the dash apart to complete a repair or find a specific replacement part inside the drivers side door shell I want to be able to see what parts are there to know what I would need to replace. Hope that makes sense :confused:
I know that the Factory Instruction Assembly Manuals are out there as well as Service Shop Manuals or even the Chiltons / Haynes books. What would be the best choice if any for what I am looking for?

#3 ·
I guess what I am looking for is something that would tell me if something is missing on the car that was or should be there when it was built or if it is the correct part that was installed.
I took ownership of the car 10 days ago and the more time I spend looking over the vehicle the more things I find that were not done right by the previous owner. It looks to me like when work was done to the car if it needed 4 bolts and 4 nuts they used 3 bolts and 2 nuts. When the doors were repainted and new interior door panels installed they also installed new hinge pins and bushings to keep them from sagging. Well ... they didn't set the hinge pins and they left out the spring at the bottom hinge and who knows if they used the correct bolts to put them back together. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining because I enjoy working on any vehicle to make it "better" than when I got it and I enjoy learning all the details of a vehicle. I just want to be able to "know" what it is that I should be looking at if it was original.

#4 ·
Assembly manual lists every part with part number torque values or adhesive used to assemble the car by means of sub assemblies. It shows a clear line drawing for most parts that were installed on the line but not for items that GM bought as an assembly from a vendor such as a steering column or a rear end or transmission or motor. Those parts were addressed in the service manual. Doors are addressed with sheet metal trim decals and badges in the Fisher Body Service manual as the body was bought as an assembly from Fisher body and parts added to the "body in white" as it went down the line.

There is no one book that covers only Nova parts for your car with exploded drawings or specific information.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.