Need Help - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jun 7th, 07, 04:42 AM

douvy has a positive reputation
Default Need Help

I have a 74 Olds Omega, (generally the same as a Nova) I was wondering if the 69 Nova grille and headlight bezels will bolt on. Are the hood and fenders the same? The Omega front end is just so ugly and I love the look of the 69 Nova front end. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 07, 09:26 AM

71novaclone has a positive reputation
Default Re: Need Help

I believe you have to change the fenders and hood too. I have a 71 Ventura that I just converted to a Nova and I thinkm the fenders for the Omega, Apollo, and ventura were the same if I'm wrong Big Dave or Gloryhound might know a little better than me
Old Jun 7th, 07, 11:24 AM
Senior Tech Team *
Jay

jays64II has a positive reputation

the fenders and hood have to be changed along with all the mounting brackets for the bumpers and such. There may also need to be some stuff re-located on the rad. support.

I personally like the Omega , Apollo and Ventura. Get yourself a 455 to match the manufacturer (Olds , Buick or Pontiac) and make it look all factory....great lil' sleeper with an easy 400 horse and 500 ft lbs

Mazzoni Enterprises & Outlaw Autoworks
[email protected]

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/12...600x600Q85.jpg

Old Jun 7th, 07, 01:46 PM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation

A real sleeper would be a Buick 455 Wildcat heads and cam painted Olds gold. Few guys would know the difference. Weight of a SBC with the more muscle than a BBC, and no one has a clue what you have until you uncork it on them.

Of course you can only embarrass some one once, but they will usually help you conspiring against your next victim. Lots of fun can be had with a sleeper like that.

Big Dave
Old Jun 7th, 07, 02:53 PM
Senior Tech Team *
Jay

jays64II has a positive reputation

You can also do what a friend of mine did for years since many are not familiar with the differences between the 350 Olds,Pontiac,Buick motors as compared to their big block brothers. He had a very clean Buick Apollo with a 455 that had alum. heads and intake painted to match the factory and with all the numbers and such ground off them and smoothed out. He also had all the 350 4-bbl stickers on the stock looking air cleaner and stock valve covers. The car was an unsuspecting greenish silver granny color with a white vinyl top , painted to match steel weels and small buick center caps. The car would run 11.30's on a 26x10.5 e.t. street tire on motor.

Mazzoni Enterprises & Outlaw Autoworks
[email protected]

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/12...600x600Q85.jpg
Old Jun 8th, 07, 02:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
Lead Slacker

Gloryhound has a positive reputation

Yep they are right! A lot of parts will need to be changed. I agree with the BOP (Buick, Olds, Pontiac) 455 idea. Then again I'm stuffing a Pontiac 455 in behind my Nova SS grille! Going to paint the engine Chevy orange and let everyone wonder what the heck it is!
Old Jun 8th, 07, 03:36 PM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Cool Re: Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
Yep they are right! A lot of parts will need to be changed. I agree with the BOP (Buick, Olds, Pontiac) 455 idea. Then again I'm stuffing a Pontiac 455 in behind my Nova SS grille! Going to paint the engine Chevy orange and let everyone wonder what the heck it is!
That's sick, twisted, and perverted. I like it!

Only problem is you will only stump those who grew up with corporate GM motors. We more seasoned (worn out) guys will spot what you have done and get a kick out of it. Anybody gives you a hard time just remind them of the thousands of GTO's that had a BBC transplant in the seventies. (pay backs are heck).

Big Dave
Old Jun 10th, 07, 06:38 AM

douvy has a positive reputation

yup, that is exactly what I am doing, a .125 over 455 Olds, turbo 400 and Ford 9 inch. I am in the process of mocking up the headers, manual rack, and midplate, before I pull the front stub and get things blasted and rebuilt. So if I am getting this correctly, I would need fenders and a hood from the 69 Nova to make that work? I wonder if this would be a good time to go with fiberglass?
Old Jun 10th, 07, 09:53 PM
Tech Team

ken griffin has a positive reputation

is there a site like team novas that you can list a 54 chevy truck free?
Old Jun 11th, 07, 05:33 AM

MARTINSR has a positive reputation

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-...cgi?category=2

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement