Pro-Touring '66 Nova Project - Page 3 - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jul 30th, 07, 01:23 PM

67 canso s/d has a positive reputation
Default Re: Pro-Touring '66 Nova Project

John, i must say that is the nicest setup i have ever seen.
I'm lost for words my friend. It is absolutely beautiful.
It leaves a person speechless. I need a bib when i look at the pics, as the drooling is so out of hand.
John, nice, nice and nice.
Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 07, 03:41 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Novanutcase has a positive reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 canso s/d View Post
John, i must say that is the nicest setup i have ever seen.
I'm lost for words my friend. It is absolutely beautiful.
It leaves a person speechless. I need a bib when i look at the pics, as the drooling is so out of hand.
John, nice, nice and nice.
Bob.
Thanks Bob! I appreciate it!

John
Old Aug 3rd, 07, 12:32 AM
Senior Tech Team *
Pat

1quik69 has a positive reputation

Hey Novanut, I can't believe that these are these first pictures I have seen of your car. I might be wrong but I don't recall seeing any over on Steve's. Sweet looking project, can't wait to see it finished. Incredible workmanship from what I can see. What kind and size wheels are those?

Last edited by 1quik69; Aug 3rd, 07 at 12:46 AM.

Old Aug 3rd, 07, 12:47 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quik69 View Post
Hey Novanut, I can't believe that these are these first pictures I have seen of your car. I might be wrong but I don't recall seeing any over on Steve's. Sweet looking project, can't wait to see it finished. Incredible workmanship from what I can see. What kind and size wheels are those?
Look under 1st and 2nd gen/Did I make the right decision? Much more extensive photos there although your gonna have to sift through some of the "discussion"!

Budnik Hammers! Fronts are 17" x 9 1/2" and rears are 18" x 13"!

John
Old Aug 3rd, 07, 10:31 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Sub Floor Panels and tunnel reinforcement

John
Old Aug 4th, 07, 04:00 PM
Tech Team
John

novage has a positive reputation

Whoa ! I thought I was doing a lot of work ! Dang, dude !

I'm humbled. If you ever drive (or tow) that beast to Florida, let us know ! That is over the top !
Old Aug 5th, 07, 12:42 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

I'M PSYCHED!!!

We just received the first of our Wilwood Sponsorship Package, Clutch and Brake Pedals, and Rodger and Crew started mock up for it!

I think it looks great and I can't wait to get the second portion!

Thanks again to Dustin and everyone else at Wilwood Engineering for working with us to put the best brakes and brake components in the business on this project!

Rodger and I look forward to continuing working with Wilwood on this and future projects that we have planned!

John
Old Aug 14th, 07, 09:49 PM

beto3000 has a positive reputation

how did you fit does wheels on back great car
Old Aug 14th, 07, 09:51 PM
Senior Tech Team *
Jay

jays64II has a positive reputation

we need to see some pics of Novanutcase doin some of the work ! I hope you are doin some fab and wrench work on this and not just writing checks !!!! Boo !

Mazzoni Enterprises & Outlaw Autoworks
[email protected]

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/12...600x600Q85.jpg
Old Aug 14th, 07, 11:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jays64II View Post
we need to see some pics of Novanutcase doin some of the work ! I hope you are doin some fab and wrench work on this and not just writing checks !!!! Boo !
Sorry to disappoint but this isn't my handy work! Can I bend tube and weld? Sure, but definitley not as good as these guys!

I've restored and built many a car but never to this level! When I bought the car I originally planned to drop a front clip, mini tub it and be done but I knew I would never get the stance and I, definitley, didn't have the talent to build a chassis like this which is what I REALLY wanted to do! In essence I wouldn't be totally happy with the build since I don't posses the talent level to build it to my expectation. This had been my experience with most of the other builds I have done myself. Even though there was a certain sense in that I did it myself it was never as nice as I would really have liked it to be! Plus, with my hectic schedule it would take me years to finish something even remotely close to this magnitude. When I saw their work it was hard not to do it especially since I am in a position in my life to be able to afford this type of build!
I plan on wiring and handling the drivetrain and tuning part of it but my metal fab skills are nowhere near as good as these guys! Why try and fab something substandard in comparison to what they can do all in the name of "I did it myself!"? Granted, I truly appreciate and envy when someone can entirely build the car of their dreams by themselves but if I want the car to the expected level that I wanted to build it, it wasn't going to be me doing the metal fab. Besides, I don't have the right tools to shape metal the way this build needed it shaped nor do I have the space and I would have to spend as much in equipment as the build itself is costing. I don't plan on building hotrods for a living so for me it just didn't make sense!

Thanks Beto! When you do a ground up like this you can pretty much do whatever you want!

John

Last edited by Novanutcase; Aug 14th, 07 at 11:46 PM.
Old Aug 16th, 07, 01:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
chuck

strtlegal has a positive reputation

bastard!!! me likey the brakes!!! your going to love those m/c ..a buddy and i fabbed up a dual master cylinder on his brake pedal ( front and rear master cylinders) from wilwood and you slam on the brakes it will put you through the windshield and its just 12" rotors and stock drums..i couldnt imagine if it had 13" front and 12" rear..
Old Aug 16th, 07, 02:36 AM
Senior Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtlegal View Post
bastard!!! me likey the brakes!!! your going to love those m/c ..a buddy and i fabbed up a dual master cylinder on his brake pedal ( front and rear master cylinders) from wilwood and you slam on the brakes it will put you through the windshield and its just 12" rotors and stock drums..i couldnt imagine if it had 13" front and 12" rear..
LOL!!! I was driving Brycens Honda with the 12" brakes. Thank god I had the 5 point harness on because if I didn't I would have gone through the windshield!
Wait till you see the reservoirs I'm designing for the brake and clutch!

John

BTW I'm not going to use the actual Wilwood pedal rather I just wanted to use their assembly!
Old Aug 16th, 07, 11:56 AM
Senior Tech Team
chuck

ditching the plastics?
Old Aug 16th, 07, 01:05 PM
Senior Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtlegal View Post
ditching the plastics?
Yup!!! When I was at the shop I made a mockup of the reservoirs with some scrap DOM since I can't draw worth a sh!t!

Yes, I actually do get my hands dirty cutting and welding, especially since Ironworks has all the gear to do it right, but those bastards make me look like a rank amateur!. When I was making the mockup Sean, Brycen and Rodger just stood there and laughed at me! They kept messing with the welder and I'd keep burning through the work! I'd show you my "Artwork" but Rodger doesn't want anyone to see my design until we get it on the car. I think he's going to start manufacturing them!

Once that was made, and Rodger finally understood what it was I wanted to do, he and I got on Solidworks and started designing the reservoirs and clamps that'll hold the reservoirs and the reservoir caps!

It's gonna be cool!

John

Last edited by Novanutcase; Aug 16th, 07 at 01:16 PM.
Old Aug 16th, 07, 10:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
chuck

the little things like that make it fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement