anyone in the phx/mesa area? - Page 12 - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Team Nova Cruise-Ins Get-togethers, announcements, shows & events

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Feb 17th, 10, 11:33 PM
Senior Tech Team *
JAY

JAYARTER has a positive reputation
Default Re: anyone in the phx/mesa area?

Casey..you will like your lines alot better if you take regular brake lines and run it the right way...better fit and looks. rolled tubing never runs straight and you'll hate it. I run tubes for trans, fuel, pcv, vacumn,and
even some of my electrical are inside tubes. if you look at my pictures you'll even see my plug wires are inside 1 inch tubes that I designed and Stude Mike made for me.. it looks so clean when done neatly. Camaro
motor is one with finned valve covers, other motor is Bj's Elcamino
PS: I'm running stock fuel lines on both cars...

Art...its not how long it takes , its what you want end product to be
and it will look SWEET! go slow. maybe you'll have to do it only twice HAHA Did you get flyer for picnic? mailed Sunday....jay

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
68 Malibu 2 dr
69 Camaro Conv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 10, 12:01 AM
Site Moderator
Art

62 NovaWagon has a positive reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYARTER View Post
Art...its not how long it takes , its what you want end product to be
and it will look SWEET! go slow. maybe you'll have to do it only twice HAHA Did you get flyer for picnic? mailed Sunday....jay
Yes you are right, most of all it'll be done RIGHT, and I ain't doing it twice, LOL, well maybe down the road I may do it over again, you should see the underneath, But for now getting it on the road and "RELIABLE" is the priority!...

Got the flyer today thanks, replied to your e-mail, hopefully we can make it!...
Old Feb 18th, 10, 01:36 PM
Tech Team
Casey

greasemonkeychef has a positive reputation

Jay where is a good place to buy line? I have only bought it at the local NAPA and it only comes in 5 or 6 foot lengths. Is that the only way to do it? that will be more $$$ for the unions and fittings. I was thinking the same thing but couldnt decide where to put unkion for the cooler lines. Havent really figured out where I will run them yet either. I want it to look clean but I am not going to pay for the cost of stainless or aluminum. I made my plug wires to under the headers and behind the heads. I need to make the fuel line to the carb rather than the ugly rubber one. My list is so long and so little funds. I am going to Maui in may though

Old Feb 18th, 10, 01:58 PM
Site Moderator

Philip has a positive reputation

NAPA sells lines in lengths from 6" to 6'. Some of their brake lines have a copper lining in the steel tube. If you want sympathy on what your project is costing you, don't be telling us you are going Maui
72 Chevelle Concours wagon
Old Feb 18th, 10, 02:02 PM
SHIFTY4

you can get bulk line in the factory style material or in stainless... check online with http://www.inlinetube.com/

i've bought materials from them, OK to deal with

they also carry the vibration wrap for the tubing (looks like the factory wire coil that covers the brake lines etc) they also have all the special conversion tube fittings for the master cylinder etc.
Old Feb 18th, 10, 04:26 PM
Tech Team
Casey

greasemonkeychef has a positive reputation

Thxs for the link JR. I am only going to Maui to please the wife. I will have no fun and will be suffering the whole time. I would rather put the money into the car but gotta keep the mrs's happy too. Other wise no boomboom or anything for that matter
Old Feb 18th, 10, 08:24 PM
Senior Tech Team *
JAY

I'm not buying you not having fun...sorry been there done that and
I know you will have FUN! I get my lines from any parts store and it comes in different and most stores also have fittings. Here in Tucson, Napa has great selection. I use the Armour-line. Its a darker color and it bends very easy...you could almost do it by hand, but I like it because you can move it some by hand to adjust. buy a good bender also..and a double flaring tool to redo ends. NOTE: if I need a 30 inch tube to do a line, I start with something close to it...It can be hard to start with 6 foot long tube and bend it. and best advice....GO SLOW..AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SELF BEFORE BENDING! jAY

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
68 Malibu 2 dr
69 Camaro Conv
Old Feb 18th, 10, 09:26 PM
Site Moderator
Art

I bought a 21' roll of Poly-Armour at Napa here but they didn't have any fittings at all!.. I ain't done much tubing stuff but I found that using a coat hanger works pretty good to determine bends, and yes a good bender and a good double flare tools are a must if you want to do a good job, forget about the China Freight ones not worth it!...
Old Feb 18th, 10, 09:55 PM
SHIFTY4

i was offered a tip a short while back from a friend who's involved in small aircraft. i was told that after the tubing is prepared for flaring, the tubing end was heated up. not cherry red but like a warm glowing red and then flared. the tubing accepts the flaring process better than cold tubing and the results would be much much better.

i haven't had an opportunity to test this tip so if anyone else has heard of it... let me know ok ?

Hope i helped,

JR

Last edited by SHIFTY4; Feb 18th, 10 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 18th, 10, 11:00 PM
Site Moderator
Art

That is very true, I worked at McDonnell Douglas back in the day and I knew people that were in that field and that was the norm in the aircraft industry to do that!..
Old Feb 18th, 10, 11:06 PM
Site Moderator

Interesting, something new. I need to redo my lines from the proportioning valve to the line loc, I will give that a try.
Old Feb 18th, 10, 11:15 PM
Site Moderator
Art

I heard it has to be a certain temp also, not too hot not too cold, if I remember right they had some kind of heater that would heat the tubing to a specific temp, don't have a clue what it is though guess I should of asked more questions!..
Old Feb 18th, 10, 11:44 PM
Senior Tech Team *
JAY

Jr, You always come up with GREAT stuff...
I had never heard that but will try it next time the ole bender comes out to play. did lines on 68 last week. getting ready to do brake conversion
and rebuild front suspension...those non-power drum brakes on that Malibu can be scarey at times.
Phil...did you get a flyer? Hope you can make it, bring your meat, dishes, drinks and potluck to share. AND OF COURSE..MARY.
Anther customer I invited is loaning me his BBQ setup that is trailer mounted, also said I can use it anytime. so hope that works in process.
and hopefully Art is coming also...even if wagon isan't ready
jay

68 Malibu 2 dr
69 Camaro Conv
Old Feb 18th, 10, 11:48 PM
Site Moderator

I will be there, with the Nova (I hope). The flyer arrived and is on the wall where I see it every day. The map was a great addition, I get lost easily in unfamiliar territory My kids used to say vacation officially started when dad made the first U turn.
Old Feb 19th, 10, 12:26 AM
Senior Tech Team *
JAY

If you come off I-10 you can't go wrong...and not quite a all day drive from your end of the world....Jay

68 Malibu 2 dr
69 Camaro Conv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement