Radiator core support - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old May 1st, 18, 07:48 AM

1977NovaJon has a positive reputation
Default Radiator core support

I am in desperate need for a radiator core support. I just bought my first nova. I plan to build it with my dad in memory of my brother who recently passed and the main thing I cannot find is a core support. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 18, 08:49 AM
Site Moderator
Art

62 NovaWagon has a positive reputation
Default Re: Radiator core support

Welcome to the team Jon!
Old May 1st, 18, 09:03 AM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: Radiator core support

Welcome to the Team Jon!

Unfortunately no one reproduces one so you will have to find a good used one. Strongly recommend you look on line at yards that are located in the desert Southest. Good news is that they are all the same (250 six or 305-350 SBC) since there was no big block option in this model year (BBC requires a wider radiator so the hole for the radiator has to be bigger). The 1968-'70 production models had to worry about keeping a BBC cool so thaey had a core support that was partially stamped to knock out the blocking portion to get a bigger hole. In your production year you have to use a SawsAll to make bigger hole if you were to go the BBC route.

Radiator size is determined by horsepower so if you are making more horsepower than the engine that was installed in your car at the factory (say a 500 horse LS3) then you have to increase the size of the radiator to cool it. roughly 25% of the heat of combustion is lost to the coolant to lower the temp in the combustion chamber for the next power cycle.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement