IFS Front Clips - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Mar 25th, 20, 12:12 AM
Gary

railroader has a positive reputation
Default IFS Front Clips

While I am in social distancing mode I thought I'd do some research on replacing front clip on my 67. I have looked at different vendors, CPI, Speedway Pro Comp, Church Boys, Scotts Hotrod, etc. Appreciate any feedback from all who may have opinions or dealings with various vendors/suppliers.

I Don't want to lower car, will not be used in track/speed use of any kind. Goal is better driving/ride and roomier cleaned up look in engine bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 20, 02:32 AM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: IFS Front Clips

You left off Fat Man Fabricators and the usual rouges gallery of race car chassis builders. Fat Man Uses a third gen Camaro front end with 12 inch rotor disc brakes and a Fox Body Mustang rack and pinion that is modified to bolt on to your car body. It eliminates the flex in the chassis and the steering geometry based upon washers that move out of alignment on bumps. Accepts BBC, SBC and LS-x motors. The guy who designed this is an engineer that used to work on chassis designs for Ford.

Church Boys developed there kit over a couple decades of trial and error testing of their ideas. They worked closely with the members of this board and Steve's Nova site to get the bugs out. Their kit retains most of the Chevy II suspensions with a series of bolt on parts to hold the front end together better for herding cones on a Sunday afternoon. You have a choice of a Chevy II SBC motor or an L6, no BBC or LS-x. Car looks stock when done (no big brakes), but it will auto cross with the best of them.

The other kits are based upon two 2x3 inch rectangular rails with a Mustang II front end welded between the rails for lots of room. Uses Fox Body big brakes and Ford pinto rack and pinion steering. You have to make up your own inner fender wells and figure out how to mount the hood so it opens or go with flip front end. Takes any motor you want (that thing got a Hemi?). Lots of fabrication required unless you buy the deluxe kit that has all of the parts you need; but the more you buy the higher the price goes.

I just fabricated everything for my Chevy II and used a Ford Econoline straight axle (leaf springs) and welded the front sheet metal to make the whole thing flip forward or removable. I ran a BBC with fender well headers without any fender well turningthe car into an A/G class race car.

Big Dave.
Old Mar 25th, 20, 08:20 AM
Site Moderator
Art

62 NovaWagon has a positive reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
Goal is better driving/ride and roomier cleaned up look in engine bay.
I recommend CBR for this..

Old Mar 25th, 20, 06:01 PM
Tech Team

Aukai has a positive reputation

I have a couple Church boys pictures here somewhere with R&P steering, and coil overs. I'm able to use a good Moroso pan, and pump now.
Old Mar 26th, 20, 10:04 PM
Gary

railroader has a positive reputation

Appreciate the info. Didn't think about FatBoys. I'll look at them.

CBR's website had a complete clip including inner fenders. Pictures of project car also.

Like Dave said, the more parts, the more the price. However, with my limited fabrication skills, I'll just have to save up more $$$. Again, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement