Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1967 Nova strange bracket in trunk

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  67 Nova Boy 
#1 ·
I have a question to the group...My 67 Nova has a strange bracket in the trunk to the left of the spare tire...anyone have a clue what this was for? Including picture with the post...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Say what?

Where on earth did you ever see that Dave? Have you got pictures or more details on it? I never say never but man, after over 40 years of doing these 60's cars (yes, I know you've been at it ever longer) I've never ever heard of something like that.

-Where would the pump be?

-Where were the nozzles mounted?

-Where was it controlled from?

I admit, I'm very skeptical.

#5 ·
No pump that I recall it was a pressure pulse of air. They also had an option for liquid tire chains that shot liquid in front of the tires to get a grip on ice. Same power source. I never saw them: I just was reading about it in a salesman option book back in the day.

I liked the idea of the liquid tire chain dispenser only I wanted it to squirt tire compound to get a better grip on the street for primitive condition race launches.

Big Dave

#11 ·
The liquid tire chain option used aerosol cannisters that were triggered from the dash. I can't see how these cannisters could have "powered" a liquid rear window de-icer.

Sorry, I'm not buying it that the picture of this bracket in the trunk shows anything more than a windshield washer fluid bracket someone mounted in the trunk for who knows what reason.

#7 ·
The liquid tire option was in 69-70 and the canisters would freeze in the winter time making the devise kinda useless in the winter time. It was activated by a vacuum switch and got it vacuum from the engine compartment via a vacuum hose.

Have no idea what that bracket was used for...the rear defroster was a motor driven devise and activated by a electrical switch on the left side of the under dash.

Never say never with GM, and the things that went on back in the day.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.