Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

4 door exhaust what fits?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Rex Rennie 
#1 ·
Do we know if 2 door Nova exhaust systems will fit a 4 door Nova? I've got A 1970 4 door

I think they're about the same overall length according to the factory manual

Thanks!
Ryan

#2 ·
No difference in wheel base between the two cars. A dual exhaust has an extra hanger welded to the "frame" that a single exhaust doesn't have. Other wise any exhaust will fit. Factory OEM was sourced through Walker and almost all muffler shops in the US can bend up a factory exhaust from straight pipe using information in a book that comes with the tubing bender. Otherwise the original bent pipes can be purchased from NAPA but shipping will make the price equal to a muffler shops custom exhaust price.

Big Dave

#5 ·
Tow it?

I used to drive my big blocks uncapped from one side of the county to the other to go to my favorite muffler shop. County is the size of Rhode Island, it was about a sixty five mile drive through three cities to get there, and not so much as a raised eyebrow from the cops. You can thank all of those loud open pipe Harley's and kids blasting their noise that they call music over their built in PA's for the indifference (there is going to be a generation of deaf people due to that noise level, but I will be long gone before you have a generation of people saying "What, what was that?"). But then again they don't talk any more they just stand next to each other texting back and forth.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.