62-67 Chevyll Steering

9K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  67 church 
#1 ·
Just got my March 2010 Super Chevy Magzine and it has on pagr 54
new Hottests parts for 2010. on page 56 Flaming River Front Steer
p/s rack cradle for 62 to 67 Chevyll's Check it out. I still haven't decided
which one I'll be using on my 66 SS.... Jay

#2 ·
This is a general criticism of the aftermarket in general not directed at Flaming River in paticular with which I have no personal experience.

Beware of Vaporware! You may be looking at a prototype part until they get enough interest to actually build that new part they advertised or showed at a trade convention. New design is great, new part is better.

Big Dave

#4 ·
Thats one of the unots I was looking at...hear there is bump steer issues.
my friend Art in Phoenix just put one on his wagon...not driving yet...
NOGO has CPP on his 67 that was in Super Chevy in Jan 2010 Issue
THE RESULTS WERE VERY VERY GOOD......
Been in contact with them about that set up but don't know if the rack
and pinion issues have been worked out! Reguested info and catalogs twice in last 6 weeks...no responce as normal with them..........Jay

PS: Thanks for replys...any info would help out alot....:yes:

#7 ·
Thanks for feed back
Jr, BJ said double back to ya. We are planning our annual
picnic some time in April or early May if you are thinking about
coming back to see us...found a super spot to party down
with parking for about 50 cars or more....
I'll watch for that article on Church Brothers set up
Thanks again Jay

#12 ·
Double shifts right, LOL, actually I'm kinda burned out on the float things for a while so they just sit, and the cruiser is up for sale. But I have one coming in a few weeks, that will use up time but it means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the Nova, so I can't turn that down!.. :D

#13 ·
Jay,

I personal have not used the CBR kit but I have heard nothing but great things. Chuck has PM'd me info to also help build my own kit. He sound like he would give the shirt off his back to help another nova guy. The CPP kit is the kit NOGO built I believe. Maybe they made some changes to it? I really dont know. I am really excited to see the price tag that they will put on it though. I was told by a little birdie;) that the kit will be on sale when they do the CPP nova tour/event in march. Have you read the whole thread that NOGO wrote? Very intresting stuff in there I believe he tested a couple kits and was not impressed and thats what inspired him to creat one of his own. Some day I hope to have his kit or CBR on my car the only bad part is I have the wrong lower control arms for the CBR kit. It would suck to have to rebuy the lower arms.

P.S. Wonder if arts car will be going to the nesxt BBQ? I would like to think mine will drive by then but its way to far to drive my frankenstine:cool:

#16 ·
Hey Casey, where do you live in this fine state.... I'm in Tucson, I stopped by Arts couple months ago to look at his car and the front end kit from Church Brothers...Nice looking set up. When is the BBQ? and Where? Tucson Nova guys are trying to meet up this coming Sunday
for pizza and :beers:. Of course I'm driving Camaro, and maybe Bj's driving Elcamino. should be fun later Jay

#19 ·
Yeah I believe that, LOL.. Well, I should have had the car on the road already but so much for that, maybe by April who knows I quit planning on stuff because when I do it never works out,:mad: but still could make a weekend out of it the dually runs good, LOL..:D

#24 ·
I am in the west valley(peoria) I would love to get a nova get together going. Every time someone has tried one they always seem to fail. I thin it is a result of how spread out the valley is now. And for me its about how far I will need to drive because I will need to check to see if my AAA is up to date:)

#25 ·
we had our nova get
togather yesterday... 15 cool people,
about 8 cars, and good food.
we just found a good food place...invited every nova we could and showed up we had fun and those who didn't show...sorry maybe next time. Don't make a big planned event..just get togather and enjoy the ones who show up
phil drove his elcamino
i drove my camaro
and i beat "stude mike" for about 10 feet
jay

#26 ·
we had our nova get

togather yesterday... 15 cool people,
about 8 cars, and good food.
we just found a good food place...invited every nova we could and showed up we had fun and those who didn't show...sorry maybe next time. Don't make a big planned event..just get togather and enjoy the ones who show up
phil drove his elcamino
i drove my camaro
and i beat "stude mike" for about 10 feet

jay
So how about some pictures?

All part of sharing the fun with the rest of us who could not attend.:yes:

Mike

#28 ·
I recently purchased a front steer system from Flaming River for my '66 Chevy Nova. I've had tons of problems with mis-marked parts, wrong parts, parts missing. Now I'm up against there is no way the spindle brackets with the kit will allow me to bolt on the front wheels. I've E-mailed pictures, etc. to Flaming River and am still waiting for a response. Has anyone out there installed the kit that I can talk to or call?

#31 ·
This is not the first time I have encountered this problem and question......There seems to be a lot of misconceptions when purchasing that particular kit as far as what is needed to make it work. The last guy I ran across purchased it thru Jegs. Before he sent it back for a refund he had to send some of the kit back to Flamming to correct some of the components. It still did not work. His new kit from CBR is on it's way....

I would be curious as to what they claim will work with this kit and how?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.