View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 10, 12:07 PM
Tech Team
Chuck

67 church has a positive reputation
Default Re: 62-67 Chevyll Steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYARTER View Post
Thats one of the unots I was looking at...hear there is bump steer issues.
my friend Art in Phoenix just put one on his wagon...not driving yet...
NOGO has CPP on his 67 that was in Super Chevy in Jan 2010 Issue
THE RESULTS WERE VERY VERY GOOD......
Been in contact with them about that set up but don't know if the rack
and pinion issues have been worked out! Reguested info and catalogs twice in last 6 weeks...no responce as normal with them..........Jay

PS: Thanks for replys...any info would help out alot....
Jay early on, when our kit first came out, we used the 64-72 GM A body steering arm. When a car was lowered using the cut coil system and not the drop spindles there was noticeable bump steer. Since then I have designed a billet steering arm that puts the outer tie rod in a much better position to eliminate the earlier issues.

Our kit will be in Super Chevy very soon as a Tech install article. The test bed was Mr. Johnny's old Wagon. With our kit the old wagon turned out some very impressive numbers, especially for a car that was a daily driver and not set up as a corner carving animal. More of a real world test.

Flamming river is only 50 minutes from us and I have looked into sourcing some racks from them as well. I am surprised to see the add for the front kit in the magazine, just as Dave has said they may be testing the waters. A few weeks ago the tech department had responded back from an email stating that they had not had this kit on a car yet nor did they have photos, like I said this was a couple of weeks ago they could have things bolted up by now. I believe the price was 2300.00

I would be happy to discuss any and all questions that anyone may have.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	billetarm.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1862  
[email protected]