Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Rear Wheel Well Help please

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
Hey guys have not been on the forum in some time because we have been building a new house. With the new build I put up a pole barn and got my lift installed.

While I was getting my Cragar SS rims powder coated I realized with the car in the air that I should do something about the horrible looking inner quarter wells.

Everything to me seems solid so i was wondering what i should use to recoat and make them look good again? I assume what was used on it before is not available anymore, but I do like the coating it seems like it was very strong and probably helped with noise.

Take a look at the photo's and let me know if I should attempt to wire wheel and re-coat?

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Tread Locking hubs
Automotive tire Tire Glove Motor vehicle Tread

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like an optional dealer installed undercoating that has been covered by road grime over the years. I would recommend cleaning it down to bare metal and painting it with POR 15. This assumes you are not going to mini tub it later as POR 15 is as close to permanent as you can get it won't be able to clean it off to weld in a widening section.

Big Dave

#4 ·
Hard to tell from the photos but it may not be undercoating. The factory sprayed a sound deadener in places like wheel wells and along the rocker panels and above the transmission. If it is in good shape, that is not peeling off just clean it and spray paint it black. I like to use Duplicolor Bed coating in rattle cans. It is durable and has a subtle texture.

This photo shows the factory sound deadener with the Duplicolor coating on my Chevelle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.