Rear sway bar - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Jun 28th, 10, 09:26 AM
Tech Team
John

novage has a positive reputation
Default Rear sway bar

Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good rear sway bar kit for a 3rd -gen Nova? Thanks!

Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 10, 09:43 AM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: Rear sway bar

Hotchkiss makes one. I would upgrade the front bar before installing the Hotchkiss rear bar though as the Hotchkiss front bar is a monster in size and very light considering how stiff it is because it is hollow. If you had a weak front bar and a stiff rear bar (the factory didn't offer a rear sway bar to my knowledge) you would only aggravate your handling problems.

I know when I installed both big sway bars my car went from being a wallowing pig to cornering on rails. (I also upgraded to Bilstein gas shocks while I had the car apart to rebulid the front end, so it may have been a combination of stiffer springs, polyurethane bushings and gas shocks combined with the big bars). No offense offered to Hotchkiss but I felt I had to qualify my ringing endorsement of their sway bars.

Big Dave
Old Jun 28th, 10, 06:12 PM
Tech Team
Magnus

ArenaSwe has a positive reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Hotchkiss makes one. I would upgrade the front bar before installing the Hotchkiss rear bar though as the Hotchkiss front bar is a monster in size and very light considering how stiff it is because it is hollow. If you had a weak front bar and a stiff rear bar (the factory didn't offer a rear sway bar to my knowledge) you would only aggravate your handling problems.

I know when I installed both big sway bars my car went from being a wallowing pig to cornering on rails. (I also upgraded to Bilstein gas shocks while I had the car apart to rebulid the front end, so it may have been a combination of stiffer springs, polyurethane bushings and gas shocks combined with the big bars). No offense offered to Hotchkiss but I felt I had to qualify my ringing endorsement of their sway bars.

Big Dave
I second that opinion! Running the exact same setup on my car. Hotchkis TVS kit, front & rear sway bar, springs, bilsteins and now even all new bushing in the front. I felt a huuuge improvment in stability overall and especially in the rear. The rear sway bar is a easy install just 4 holes that needs to be drilled.

Swedish ex Cali guy with a 460 cui BBC 1969 Nova running a TKO600 with suspension from Hotchkis, putting power down through an eaton posi housed in a 8.5 10-bolt with 3.73 gears.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/ArenaSwe/
Old Jun 30th, 10, 11:09 AM
Team Member
Tom

twijr1 has a positive reputation

piggy backing on this topic. i bought an 7/8 addco rear sway bar for my 73 and was going to install this weekend. anyone had any experience with addco products or know of any pitfalls to avoid? thanks.

73 Nova SS
383 4 BBL, Built TH350, 3.73 Posi
Hatchback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement