Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1972 Nova:replacing heater core and heater core

9K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DONALDSMITH 
#1 ·
I have a 1972 Nova WITH Air Conditioning.

I would like to replace the heater core and the hoses.

Does anyone have know if this is possible WITHOUT pulling the passenger fender off? If so, how, and how much of a pain is it?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Phillip told me to pull at least the pass. side inner fender and proceed from there. I donot bend very good any more so I am going to pull the whole dog house off. My Nova has a bad case of rust in the radiator core support, I can not find a good core support in Indiana so I repair! Getting back to your question, take pictures during tear down, and Kroil the fasteners. Kroil is the best rust buster I ever found. My Nova is a 78. Happy New Year Don in Indiana:hurray:

#3 ·
The inner fender is all that needs removed to access the nuts to remove the heater core case. On the inside the glove box liner, AC ducting and the kick panel will need to be removed. I found it much easier to remove the seat to have more room to work. Like Don I do not bend well anymore :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.