Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

70 Build Sheet Question

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WILMASBOYL78 
#1 ·
:confused:
I am a Camaro guy trying to find a little Nova info. A friend brought me a build sheet he found in his 70 model. First off it is smaller than build sheets I have seen and has only the body RPO numbers on it. Im quessing its the Fisher Body Tag. (Labeled 1st card) My question is and the only reason Im asking is that I dont want to tell my friend any bad news unless I'm sure. Anyway should'nt the Body Number 043609 match the cowl tag? Also the colors don't match. dates not that close either.
The car cowl tag is a Gobi Beige/ Gold Vinyl Top Gold Interior / bench seat. built 01B The Tag also has an M and a 1 on the third line. I am pretty sure that it is an original Big Block 4spd car as I found and helped another friend build the car some 20 years ago.
The Build sheet shows alot of options that match the car, including the ZL3. Seems to me that someone replaced the interior with one from another car. Whats your thoughts ? Could their have been a color change after this build sheet? Also something I could'nt decipher on the build sheet is in a box marked PP in it is the no. 4

#3 ·
I bought a 69 Nova in California that appeared in many ways to be all original. While searching under the rear seat I found a build sheet and having found them before, I was familiar with them. I determined the build sheet was for another car built on the same day. Nothing matched up except the date. So as we all know errors were made and that would be my guess.

#4 ·
Thanks Guys
I think its safe to say that the interior was changed. The build sheet found does'nt match the car. A couple more questions if you have time. What does the " M and 1 " stand for. Also is there any way to tell if this car came with the 350hp or the 375hp 396 (402) I've noticed their is a wire in the upper eng.wiring harness that reaches out to the carb or something. Did either one or both have electric choke or Idle solenoid?

#8 ·
The "M" denotes the interior trim color (gold) and the "1" represents the number of exterior trim options. As for the L78/L34 question the fuel line mentioned is a good clue...rear end axle ratio is another. Every 1970 L78 Nova I have seen came with a 3.55 rear, usually posi..code would be CBT. The TCS wiring was applicable to all 1970 model Chevrolets...the vacuum solenoid mounted on the intake manifold and connected to the transmission and engine block. The L34/LS5 carbs all had the idle solenoid...a hard part to find from my experience.

wilma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.