Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

67 steering column

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr Chevelle 
#1 ·
How do I tell if my steering column is a 67? ....My car is 67 but the position indicator on the column has a different shape than one I saw ebay. This made me wonder if my column got switched. I will need a complete steering wheel in the near future and want to match the column. I know 67 Chevelle columns are 1 year only and maybe that is true for Chevy II. Help? :confused:

#2 ·
Pat,

You are correct with the assumption of the 67 steering column. They were only used for just that year, 67. The 62-66 had a shaft that came up from the steering box and there was a column that slid over that shaft to dress it up. 67 was also the year that 4-way flashers were standard along with a collar that went to the bottom of the column and held the column to the steering box input shaft.

If you need to replace that column, be weary of ones off of e-pricey. Trust me, I know.... Go buy an IDIDIT column and it will bolt right in!!! I own a 66 and have a 67 steering box and IDIDIT column and having fun on the road.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.