Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1971 Chevrolet Nova Value Granny Car

8K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  David_H 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I was referred by team camaro and was wondering the value of this 71' Nova. Its an all original #'s matching 1 owner car that is in need of resto. Interior is very nice and is only missing the radio. Front seat also needs recovered. AC Car!!!! also has power steering.

Panels need replaced but the trnk and floors are pretty good. Car runs EXCELLENT and is currently PA inspected.

307-3speed.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
first of all, Welcome to Team Nova :D

i'd say it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it :D

i may be low, i may be high... i'd say $4,500-$6,500 but it'd need a much closer inspection. others may have differing opinions. hard to say for sure from the pics or the description.

i wish ya luck,

Johnny

#3 ·
first of all, Welcome to Team Nova :D

i'd say it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it :D

i may be low, i may be high... i'd say $4,500-$6,500 but it'd need a much closer inspection. others may have differing opinions. hard to say for sure from the pics or the description.

i wish ya luck,

Johnny
Johnny, thank you for the warm welcome and the response. The pics look much better than the car is. I would say it needs quarters, fenders, hood, and some floor work. It needs TOTAL restoration. I am looking to possibly flip the car but i'm just skeptical because i dont know much about novas!

G
#4 ·
well the more body work it needs the price may go down... as i said, it's hard to guesstimate from the images. it's an eastcoast car which will have a different value than a westcoast car... rust issues if ya get my meaning.

but one thing i do believe... it's only worth what someone will pay.

one guy may value at 500 bucks, another 5000. know what i mean ???

one thing to do is to get an idea of what it's going to take to make it cherry. panels, interior, suspension and engine etc... everything. add it all up and check the total. super, SUPER clean & cherry i'd say 15-20K. so add up everything it'd need to be done and see where you'd be at. that figure minus the work & parts would basically be it's as-is value... maybe...

hopefully others will chime in with opinions.

#8 ·
Run and hide....rust projects are a nightmare!!! Buy the best body/chassis/interior car you can to start with...preferably one that you don't need a torch or mig welder to restore. Go out west and find your granny car...they are still out there and are worth the effort. With the rusty projects you will also be forced to deal with Taiwan sheet metal....more headaches.....again buy the best survivor granny you can find!! $10,000-15,000 is not too much for the right car....if you buy a $2500 rust bucket you'll have $10-15k or more in it when your done and it won't be 1/2 as nice as the original metal. Others may not agree...but this is the way to go. Good luck!!

wilma:yes:

#9 ·
I bought a 71 from Arizona a few months ago the only rust it has is in the pass side floor no motor or trans the interior is fried for a $900 But the body is really nice . So there are $1000 68 to 72 novas out there that dont need $5000 worth of body work.Find the best body you can and save $$$$$$$$$$ in the end. Heres a pic of my 72 skyroof it also had very little rust ot start with.

#12 ·
I bought a 71 from Arizona a few months ago the only rust it has is in the pass side floor no motor or trans the interior is fried for a $900 But the body is really nice . So there are $1000 68 to 72 novas out there that dont need $5000 worth of body work.Find the best body you can and save $$$$$$$$$$ in the end. Heres a pic of my 72 skyroof it also had very little rust ot start with.

man I need to find me one of them 900 buck rust free cars.

#10 ·
i agree with everyone on the rust part of buying a project :hurray:

i bought mine in the bay area with minimal rust on the driver and passenger floor pans with a 350, 700r4, 10 bolt rear end, buckets, and hardly any body damage except for a cracked windshield for $4k a little pricey but i came with c5 corvette rims that i sold for $1000 and incorrect buckets that i sold for $500 so i REALLY bought it for around $3400 if you get my drift after i bought new SS rims and the correct buckets for the car.. that might give you a good idea for pricing out west :yes:

but definitely if your gonna flip it you want as little rust as possible.. its definitely do-able to weld in new panels but its annoying costly and time consuming :(

best of luck to you! take your time to look at the prices of novas going around you and check the gold book values for your car restored to give you an idea of how much room you have to put into the resto and still make a profit also take into account the economy.. right now people aren't rolling in money and willing to spend lavishly on old muscle cars but wait a few months maybe years and youll get a bigger profit! :D

best of luck to you! :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Also watch out for hidden crash damage.

I bought a rust free car:mad: replaced both quarters,driver door,passenger fender, beat out the damaged passenger door etc.

I bought the car from a nice lady car was never wreacked:sad:

I haved owned the car for 4-5 years now man I wanna drive it badddddd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.