Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1967 Chevy II steering column

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ovrdrive 
#1 ·
Looking for a column that is in good to great condition. I converted my 66 to the later model 67 steering box and column. My old column had an internal failure and I am looking to replace it. I need to see pictures of the column before we do any business. I know that these are 1 year specific columns and finding them is getting scarse.

Also, if you have a Flaming River or IDIDIT column that you are willing to part with, please let me know. ( Any and all help with this type of column is much appreciated )

Thanks

#2 ·
Dan, have you thought about a coloum out of an s-10 pickup? I bought one from pull-a-part for my 34 ford. It is about 32" long from the end to where the steering wheel mounts. It cost me $36.00. It has tilt, cruise,4-way flashers and wipers capability. Just trying to save you some money. You can get them with coloum shift or without. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Looking for a column that is in good to great condition. I converted my 66 to the later model 67 steering box and column. My old column had an internal failure and I am looking to replace it. I need to see pictures of the column before we do any business. I know that these are 1 year specific columns and finding them is getting scarse.

Also, if you have a Flaming River or IDIDIT column that you are willing to part with, please let me know. ( Any and all help with this type of column is much appreciated )

Thanks
I have my stock 67' SS Column and Gearbox out of mine. PM me and I can send pics.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I just called Ididit this morning and got the Part Numbers and then called Summit Racing and the new Ididit column and bearing will be here next Wednesday. I bit the bullet and went new due to the on going problems I have had with those "wonderfull" columns. By next weekend, I should be cruzin the neighborhood..

#10 ·
Philip,

the Mrs definitely understands the "mid life" thing that is going on now and I really want this car done so I can enjoy it and go to shows. Once it is complete, I can concentrate on my retirement in January from the military and start working for the Govt soon afterwards. And somewhere in between here and there, keeping the MRS happy is "Priority One"

The most recent update I have today is that the brake lines are bent from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve and to the front and rear brake systems. I have to bleed the whole system but, I am waiting to get the steering column in 1st then work out from there. Once the brakes are bled and the wiring redone under the dash, ( gee there is a headache just waitin!!) and all is operational, front end allignment, here we come!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.