Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Aint she a Georgia Peach!

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  OldCrLvr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just picked up my sweet 63 post:yes: Shes been in the storage for about 7 years and she finally made er home:hurray: I like to tell you all the story about her, and oh yes its a her her name is Brandy:D Wife asked me why and I said cause its goina take alot of it to get her done:beers: Anyway my cousin and my uncle, god rest his soul bought her from a annual swap meat and show called Iola. Its a lil town in wisconsin that has a HUGE show and swap meat every year. When he bought her she even ran and drove! then after a while my cousin got sick of her looks and had one of his " buddies" come over and start doin the tear down/ rebuild:sad: So after she got dismembered they all got sick of her and she sat there in his garage for years. I kept askin how much he wanted but he was way high in price and so I patiently waited till he finally gave in and said where do you want it? So one day he unloaded it for the price of 0$:) Lots of work ahead of me so everyone cross their fingers and send some money for parts or of course bottles of brandy:beers:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you got your work cut out for you...but thats why we do it....makes us tired and broke. Check out my photobucket for pictures of daughters 63 Chevyll convert we just about have done...KIMS NOVA 327, 200r4, 5 lugs wheels front and back, converted to power steering, and power brakes. and lots of blue paint and chrome. Good luck and ask the questions and we'll find answers JAy

#6 ·
Thanx Jeff yeah looks can be deceiving, Shes going to get stripped down the rest of the way (which shouldnt take long) and then im buildn my own rotiserie then shes gona get blasted. Hope for the best but she looks tender. Towards the rear the tail light panel is almost completely gone so im not sure where to get one... That will be my first hurtle, and the rear trunk floor needs some tlc but ive got the technology 4 that. the doors look ok and the quarters are goina have to get cut off:( So first thing first sand blast her and see whats left.

#7 ·
Hey Chris, Plans are to make a very nice driver out of it. Not sure but the wife and I like the hot wheels green. PPG makes it and it glows nice:) Gota long ways to go but cant wait to start! Not sure on suspension if im going to just get a bolt on clip or the kit that the "chicago boys" i believe ther called designed... Wana try to sell the stuff if im not going to use it so thats my biggest thing is the best way to put the shoes under it. So if you got any preference or ideas on where to get the rear tailight panel let me know thanx, Grit

#8 ·
Are you talking about the church boys racing kit because I have been looking at that and have heard some good remarks about it. As far as the tail light panel not to sure what you are needing. If you need the sheet metal then classic industries, yearone and I believe chevy 2 only has them.
Here are the links.

Yearone
http://www.yearone.com/
Classic Industries
http://www.classicindustries.com/
Chevy 2 Only
http://chevynova.com/home.php

If you need any other parts great places for that to. Have you looked at the cowl tag to see what the car was from the factory?

#9 ·
Yeah church boys! Thats them:) I was just looking at them to c what the options are for me. I like the reviews but not sure about the cost if thats feasable... Im no different that anyone else just want the best bang for the buck. I dont have power assist but that wont be to difficult to install. Thepiece I need goes between the tail lights and rear bumper. Thanx for the links Ill go check em out tonight:yes:

#11 ·
I am just putting the finishing touches on my rotisserie. Its really not too hard to build. I can send you the plans for the one I have if you want them. I scored a lot of the steel for free, but overall I think I will have about $300 into it.

While you are at it, check out another one of our supporting vendors:
www.modernperformanceclassics.net

Anyways, good luck! Let us know how we can help!

#14 ·
Congrats on the arrival to your place. Getting the car out of the storage was the first step! I really wished we did a rotiserie on ours. It will be the difference between nice & eh its nice looking.;) The one thing I like about working on these ChevyII's versus my other classics is that they are so simple. Have fun & good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.