Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

power steering box rebuild

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  walkerjay 
#1 ·
hey nova lovers. can anyone recommend who to send a power steering box for new seals. it leaks pretty bad. the closer to ohio the better;).

G
#2 ·
either your local auto repair shop to just replace seals or the box can be removed by you and taken into your local, reputable auto part store and have it completely rebuilt or exchanged.

or you can buy a seal kit from your local auto part store and reseal yourself ;)

#5 ·
I have rebuilt a few and it can get frustrating at times even with the correct tools. I will be rebuilding a quick ratio gear to use in the Nova sometime during the next month. I will document the procedure with photos and maybe a short video then post it so those that want to give it a try can see what tools are needed and what it entails.

#7 ·
In the future Borgeson at www.borgeson.com in Torrington, CT is excellent for new, re-built or custom made steering boxes. They specialize in Hot Rod and Classic car applications. I was lucky enough to get a plant tour when I drove over to pick up my NEW manual steering Box for my 65 chevy II. Anyway there great to work with and can build or re-build almost any steering box..Keep these guys in mind down the road.

Bob in CT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.