Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Car. Phantom Grille for 76 Nova 5" Cowl Hood

12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 · (Edited)
Phantom Grille for 76 Nova

Keep in mind I do all this work myself by hands, tools and power tools.

Best looking '76 ????

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Re: My Car. Phantom Grille for 76 Nova 5" Cowl Hoo

Here is a few more pics.

So should I put an SS logo in the middle or something or leave it plain? Suggestions?

Note: the bumper grille inserts were way harder to fab and install than the actual phantom grille itself. It was extremely hard to pull it off, just a forewarning.

#4 ·

So should I put an SS logo in the middle or something or leave it plain? Suggestions?

Note: the bumper grille inserts were way harder to fab and install than the actual phantom grille itself. It was extremely hard to pull it off, just a forewarning.
If the car isn't a SS then I wouldn't badge it as a SS. IMO I think its silly to take a non SS car and Badge it SS (without doing a complete SS clone.)Anyone who knows what a SS is will just point out all the reasons why it isn't a real SS and you don't need that kind of attention do you?;):D

#10 ·

Jobbie no disrespect meant, but the top plate for the radiator needs to be longer and support the radiator at the welded seams of the tank. The core is not strong enough to handle the vibration for extended periods of time.
Btw I re read my reply and it can be taken wrong like I am being mean I guess I should of said you don't want that kind of attention rather then need...;):thumbsup: any ways I am not trying to be mean...

Philip On my car I bolted the rad. through the core top to the core support should I be concerned?
You will need a BBC top radiator support for the longer Griffin aluminum BBC radiator core (two inches longer) so that the seams of the tank and core end plates take up the support chore. Right now the single top core (tube) is the only thing keeping your radiator out of the fan. If you can imagine a third of the weight of the radiator and coolant are being supported by two thin wall one inch diameter tubes held at only two points you can see what Philip is taking about.

Big Dave

#7 ·

Btw I re read my reply and it can be taken wrong like I am being mean I guess I should of said you don't want that kind of attention rather then need...;):thumbsup: any ways I am not trying to be mean...

Philip On my car I bolted the rad. through the core top to the core support should I be concerned?

#8 ·

David i'll need to see a photo of it, I'll go look in your build thread if i can't find one you will need to post it or rmail it to me.

I don't think you came across sounding bad, my clone is because I like the hood and dash of the SS better and by no means were all the parts used. It is is easy to see what it really is.
For the 4th gen there were only 2 years of an SS, 75 & 76. So any 77 - 79 SS is just another pretty car.

G
#9 ·

the radiator is insulated on the bottom mounts & also on the top mounting bolts. i doubt you'll have an issue Dave ;)

other than that one nasty nagging issue that it's a COOP :eek:

JR :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.