electric fuel pump [Archive] - Nova Tech

: electric fuel pump

kryscoco
Sep 5th, 07, 06:45 PM
Pro-Comp Red High Performance Electrical Fuel Pump.

Electrical pump flows 115GPH (free flow)
Pressure is pre-set at 7 PSI.
i need to know if this pump is to much for the engine i'm putting into my nova , a 5.7 305 stock w/ a holly 650. will it flood out?

jays64II
Sep 5th, 07, 07:32 PM
with a properly set regulator and float levels in the carb no it won't flood but it is more than you need. A Holley blue pump kit with reg. is plenty to feed up to 400 horse or more.

Big Dave
Sep 5th, 07, 07:52 PM
Which ever pump you buy be sure to plumb it with a return line. Electric pumps do not like dead head fuel systems and will overheat and loose volume without the ability to keep the gas moving.

Big Dave

kryscoco
Sep 5th, 07, 07:57 PM
Which ever pump you buy be sure to plumb it with a return line. Electric pumps do not like dead head fuel systems and will overheat and loose volume without the ability to keep the gas moving.

Big Dave

thanks big dave. it will be the first time i use an electric pump, can u give me a rough how to do?

chris

kryscoco
Sep 5th, 07, 08:00 PM
with a properly set regulator and float levels in the carb no it won't flood but it is more than you need. A Holley blue pump kit with reg. is plenty to feed up to 400 horse or more.

thanks, the pump i thinking of getting, the intructions state that i won't need a regulator. it shows one for the 130 + pumps.

chris

Big Dave
Sep 5th, 07, 09:53 PM
Go to Holley’s web site and down load the pdf file entitled FUEL PUMPS / REGULATOR TECHNICAL INFORMATION found on their tech support page under their Technical Support Article Library.

It contains a picture and description of every Holley part and has at the bottom of the page a set of diagrams that show you how to plumb a fuel delivery system with a single carb (ignore the reference to an external adjustable pressure regulator, because the pump you are buying has an internal non-adjustable fuel regulator built in as part of the pump).

It describes what size lines to use and where the fuel should return to your tank (if your tank dose not have a return line (do not confuse the small 1/4 inch vent line as the return) or a vent line for that matter; you can buy a piece of tank filler neck from Jegs with a welded in return line and two gas proof N0-Hub connectors to splice a return line into the filler neck. Jegs calls it a return line for EFI conversions in pre EFI gas tanks.

Big Dave

kryscoco
Sep 5th, 07, 10:09 PM
Go to Holley’s web site and down load the pdf file entitled FUEL PUMPS / REGULATOR TECHNICAL INFORMATION found on their tech support page under their Technical Support Article Library.

It contains a picture and description of every Holley part and has at the bottom of the page a set of diagrams that show you how to plumb a fuel delivery system with a single carb (ignore the reference to an external adjustable pressure regulator, because the pump you are buying has an internal non-adjustable fuel regulator built in as part of the pump).

It describes what size lines to use and where the fuel should return to your tank (if your tank dose not have a return line (do not confuse the small 1/4 inch vent line as the return) or a vent line for that matter; you can buy a piece of tank filler neck from Jegs with a welded in return line and two gas proof N0-Hub connectors to splice a return line into the filler neck. Jegs calls it a return line for EFI conversions in pre EFI gas tanks.

Big Dave

thank you very much,Dave i really appreciate it.

chris