Muncie M22W [Archive] - Nova Tech

: Muncie M22W

armentrout
Apr 30th, 11, 07:03 AM
I just ordered a Muncie M22W from Jody's Transmissions. Should be here about the time the 383 is done! :hurray:
With any luck should be on the road this year!

armentrout
May 1st, 11, 08:56 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/977lkw.jpg

JodysTransmissions
Jun 10th, 11, 01:42 PM
I hope Jody is going to assemble your trans before he ships it to you?!

Big Dave
Jun 10th, 11, 04:08 PM
I hope Jody is going to assemble your trans before he ships it to you?!

What fun would that be? Just think double rows of loose needle bearings held together by only a dab of grease and a prayer while you assemble the pieces together. Of course you do need a shop press (a 12 ton will do) to assemble the bearings in the mid plate, and the out put shaft, but other than that it is child's play (just very frustrating, puzzling at times, child's play).

Big Dave

armentrout
Jun 10th, 11, 10:03 PM
HAHAHA!!:) Guess I had that coming!! but looks like Jody decided to put it together for me! :hurray:

Thanks, Jody!

http://i56.tinypic.com/mbirro.jpg

armentrout
Jul 28th, 11, 07:20 PM
Just to follow up on Jody's transmissions.

He kept me informed of the progress of my M22w on a regular basis, with pictures!

Shipped it just like he said he would! Arrived in perfect condition

Best of all he checks in with me VERY often to see if I have any questions!

Answers any and ALL my questions on anything I ask!

It's NICE to finally find someone that treats you fairly and does EXACTLY what he says he will do!!!!

This guy is AWESOME and I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a transmission!!

Service after the sale is an understatement with Jody!!!!!

Steve:hurray::beers:

Big Dave
Jul 28th, 11, 09:11 PM
Glad to here it Steve! That is what we like to hear, a happy customer story. Now go spend more on car parts as the economy will be tanking soon and people need their jobs.

Big Dave

armentrout
Jul 29th, 11, 07:42 AM
Dave, I sell real estate.............economy tanked long ago for me:sad:

Big Dave
Jul 29th, 11, 09:35 AM
Tell me about it. I live in Tampa, where a full third of the houses in town are owned by banks that are being offered as short sales. My neighborer refinanced his house for $360,000 dollars four years ago: I refinanced mine last week for $83,000. Funny thing it is the same house, built by two identical twins who married two other identical twins and wanted two clone houses to keep up the identical twin theme.

So if you want a cheap house the Tampa Bay area is offering them wholesale. Newspaper reported two days ago Nation's Bank was bulldozing blocks of houses that they owned to get them off the market after allowing Habitat for Humanity to go through them first to remove anything they wanted from the houses to recycle the parts in houses that they build for the poor (the same people that used to own those houses before the bank repossed them).

Big Dave

pk64f100
Oct 13th, 13, 10:54 AM
I am looking for a M22W or M20W for my 64 Nova anyone have any info or help for me? Thank you

Philip
Oct 13th, 13, 11:04 AM
Patrick this thread is 2 years old but Jody is still in business give him a call.

Big Dave
Oct 13th, 13, 11:09 AM
The "Rock Crusher" or M22 Muncie transmission was a narrow, not a wide ratio box. It had a 2.20:1 first gear ratio in the "rock crusher" as opposed to a 2.54:1 first as used in the wide ratio Muncie for the street. Unless you are road racing you don't really need a M22 box as they were designed for endurance road races like the 12 hours of Sebring.

There are lots of transmission shops that can rebuild a used box for you. Or you can buy a brand new "Muncie" made from all new parts in your choice of three possible gear sets from AMG using a brand new "Super Case" and a cast iron mid plate that about makes their tranny unbreakable. Because all of these labor intensive parts are all machined in house they are bit more expensive than a used rebuilt Muncie but you get to customize the tranny to your needs.

Big Dave

Philip
Oct 13th, 13, 11:17 AM
The M21 was a close ratio too, same gear ratios, not as strong as the M22.

JodysTransmissions
Oct 20th, 13, 05:38 PM
I am looking for a M22W or M20W for my 64 Nova anyone have any info or help for me? Thank you

PM sent to keep business off the forum.

JodysTransmissions
Oct 20th, 13, 05:47 PM
As Dave has mentioned, the 2.20:1 1st gear M22 is not so desired today for a street car. The M22W with a 2.56:1 1st gear and the M22Z with a 2.98:1 1st gear is more practical.

These three examples below will have the same 1st gear take off feel but, you'll have the final drive of your differential gearing.
4.10:1 & M22
3.55:1 & M22W
3.08:1 & M22Z

Today, it is quite possible to fit a transmission to an existing driveline for a cost savings.