skyroof questions [Archive] - Nova Tech

: skyroof questions

skyroof72
Feb 1st, 07, 10:11 PM
just cruzzin by and found this site,quick story with no spell check.

i always like novas and found one back in 2000 parked on the side of the road, for sale sign on it ($2,500) 2dr nova green vinyl top and a big hole in the roof.
mostly around here in the northeast rot is the end of most cars.
i looked underneath not bad, small rot hole in drivers floor,lower fender rust
i didn't care car still looked good nice body for my 350 (out of my 71 chevelle 4dr) engine bay was this rusty,greasey 307 with rusty jones rust perventer
everywhere! 3speed automatic.
now back to the hole in the roof, it looked like a aftermarket kit but on the other hand it looked kind of factory a vinyl folding sunroof.
i didn't care the body is too good to pass up.
i contacted the seller we met he started it up and ran so good(too good)
but no brakes (line rot in rear) odometer was 42,000 it looked it, but really
142,000. moonroof he called it (vinyl replced few year before.
(did i say short story).
well got the nova home, i opened the sliding roof there is a plexi-glass?
wind jammer thats flips up from under the visors.
a friend of mine knows someone who judges all chevy shows he said its
a factory option,
one comes to show every now and again they are called skyroofs.
well that did it i couldn't do it, no hot rod here, the chevelles gone and my
mild 350 and the mags.
i,m the only nova at the cruz nites/ car shows with white walls and caps.
single exhust,but wait i got air shocks!!
and i just smile when a lot of people walk by and i hear them saying
to one another that i ruin that nova putting that hole in the roof.

take care all

sweet70beast
Feb 1st, 07, 11:00 PM
Welcome. I have a 72 Skylark with the same "hole" in the roof but on the skylark they called it a Suncoupe.

Gloryhound
Feb 2nd, 07, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the site! I like the sky roof cars, but unfortunately it is one option that is not a direct bolt in option. If I ever find a car with a rusted beyond repair bottom half and a good roof with the skyroof in it I might consider doing the conversion, but the odds of that are slim to none existant.

novasrus1
Feb 2nd, 07, 09:24 PM
New here and looking for help
I just spent two full days on the phone, calling every Nova person I could find, junk yard, etc., as well as looking for the past 3 months. Can someone help me in locating the handle, bezel, and latch assembly for a 72 Skyroof Nova. I'm starting to get desperate. There was one on Ebay about a month ago for $1000.00. Does anyone know or remember the seller's name--it didn't sell or can someone help me find a used one?
Call me 253 205 0152
dale@novasrus.com

Gloryhound
Feb 2nd, 07, 10:34 PM
www.streetbeatcustoms.com , These guys sell an aftermarket rag top kit that is simular to the Nova Sky roof. Possibly some of the aftermarket parts from their kits will work! Let everyone know if you try them and parts do work or don't work so if someone in the future is looking for simular stuff they might find this post. That is the best I can do to help you out right now!

skyroof72
Feb 3rd, 07, 04:31 AM
ONE OF MY BIGGEST FEARS IS TO SNAP THE HANDLE OFF OR BREAK/CRACK THE WIND GUARD OF THE SKY ROOF, I HAVE SPENT SOME TIME ON THE INTERNET
RESEACHING THE SKYROOF I REMEMBER THAT AD ON E-BAY FOR THE SKYROOF. THE MOST $$ IS IN MY ROOF LOL
FROM WHAT I LEARNED WEATHERSHIELDS OF BIRMIGTON ENGLAND SOLD/MADE THE KITS TO GM ALSO CALLED VENTURA II THEN SOLD ALL COPYRIGHTS TO DONMAR ENTERPRISES INC (THEY HAVE A WEB SITE )
AND YOU MIGHT TRY THEM FOR THE HANDLE(I HAVE NOT) OR PARTS.

DONMAR ENTERPRISES INC AND WHEN I SAY COPYRIGHTS JUST SAYING
''SKYROOF''YOU HAVE TO LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER.PER SCOTTS RANTS AND RAVES ON WWW.NOVA RESOURCE.COM LET ME KNOW/US HOW YOU MAKE OUT.
ANOTHER SITE ALL MIGHT MIGHT CHECK OUT IS GM PHOTO STORE .COM FOR ADS ON THE NOVA SUN ROOF OR OTHER GMS.
I HAD TO ASK FOR THE SUNROOF AD (THEY WENT TO IN THE VAULTS ) AND FOUND A GREAT AD FOR ME 12X20 PHOTO DELIVERED TO MY DOOR UNDER $40 BUCKS.
ALSO HI TO SWEET70 BEAST WITH THE SUNCOUP I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER SITE ON THE SKYLARK (SORRY CAN'T THINK OF THE SITE) PICTURES AND SPECS THE SIZE OF THE SUNCOUPE OPENING IS LARGER THAN SKYROOF
ALSO UNDER 4000 +- WERE MADE.
PLEASE ALL DON'T BEAT ME UP ON ANY THING I SAY IS WRONG IM HALF ASLEEP.
CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 1ST CRUZ NITE.

skyroof72
Feb 10th, 07, 09:50 AM
hi all
i have checked this post lately and 103 people have checked in
and few replies, i know there are a more skyroof novas out there any input?:)
also check out another site i just found ''studebaker skytop registery''.
(hope thats right) but shows a lot of other car manufactors with folding
sunroofs.

proud owner of 72 chevy nova, one of only 554 green skyroofs made.:D

(6,822+- total skyroof novas) whats left?

thanks.

skyroof72
Feb 16th, 07, 09:10 PM
hi all again

just got my car on www.cruisinbruce.com (http://www.cruisinbruce.com) , go to the ''memoboard''page, bruce has a great site with local ma.ri.conn, cruz-nites/ car shows and pics of other cars, thought all might enjoy.
my skyroof nova was at a local car show. overcast day.

( notice the high performance white wall tires) lol
mike

skyroof72
Mar 20th, 07, 07:51 AM
:sad: hi
there were two 2 novas in my aera, one went to the bone yard(looks like it was parked in the yardin the early seventies) prob, towed out in pieces
the other one sitting outside a transmission business ,flat tires but looks good, if you leave outside least cover them up! very sad to see.
mike

ragtopsonline
Nov 1st, 08, 03:33 PM
Wow, I wasn't aware that they used different sizes in suncoupes and skyroofs. The N.O.S. I have available on my site sue a 36"x36" hole and the outside is 40"x40". That I am retty sure is the Skyroof, but I want to make sure. Anyone know? I don't want to sell anyone the wrong top, I have ahs ALOT on inquires on those. On another note, if you are having really bad luck finding one, we can make one custom to your hole, but it wouldn't be a factory replacement like the N.O.S. ones I have for sale/
eee.ragtops-online.com

blk74nova
Nov 14th, 08, 09:45 AM
I saw 1 at the columbus goodguys show. The info it had on car said it was known as skyroof officiall called the ventura II folding sunroof installed on 6822 novas in 72. each color had its own RPO code.

stevo
Mar 18th, 09, 08:03 PM
hey man this is kinda old. but i got a 73 nova custom with a skyroof
its factory and rare
3259 of them were made in 73, more were made in 72
and not all of them are customs. mine also has 142 thousand lol
mine might be special order

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/stevblev/

theres some pics of it and a vid

and heres my thread

http://www.novas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7660&page=2

i also just saw that out of the 6822
72 skyroofs, 353 were tan like mine

so that means mine might be extremely rare
3259 were made in 73 but the rpo codes were the same unlike the 72s

bullet
Mar 18th, 09, 10:38 PM
those are bitchen novas...here is one i found for sale.
to far for me to buy,.maybe u guys are closer to give it a home
http://minneapolisstpaul.kijiji.com/c-Cars-vehicles-Classic-cars-1972-Chevrolet-Nova-Skyroof-Parts-Car-W0QQAdIdZ114285446

bullet
Mar 18th, 09, 10:41 PM
Dude! one on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/__Cars-Trucks_1972-72-Chevy-Chevrolet-SKYROOF-Nova-353-made-MINT_W0QQitemZ320349728537QQptdnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truc ksQQptdiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?has h=item320349728537&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

bullet
Mar 18th, 09, 10:42 PM
another one!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/__Cars-Trucks_1972-Chevy-Nova-Skyroof-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ160322071811QQptdnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truc ksQQptdiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?has h=item160322071811&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

bbc nova
Jun 4th, 09, 12:10 AM
Here is a pic of my 73 custom.

Skyroof suffered some damage on the big end of the track.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s3/bbc_nova/BBC%20NOVA/untitled.jpg

ricks72skytop
Sep 5th, 10, 02:08 PM
I have a 72 with a blue top, anyone know how many chevy made in blue...
Any luck finding parts

skynova72
Dec 13th, 12, 01:18 AM
All of nos roofs were all sold in early90 i bought a green one so i could have pattern. My original one blew out on freeway passing inbetween to semi