1969 Yenko 427 Nova [Archive] - Nova Tech

: 1969 Yenko 427 Nova

Dick Harrell Camaro
Feb 28th, 10, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know how many DOCUMENTED 1969 427 Nova's exist? I know Kevin Suydams is. Are there any others that exist with bullet proof docs to make this claim? Original owners, photos, etc. I did locate an original owner rally green cars original owner, however, do not know if the car still exists. Thanks.

chevyforlife1972nova
Mar 1st, 10, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know how many DOCUMENTED 1969 427 Nova's exist? I know Kevin Suydams is. Are there any others that exist with bullet proof docs to make this claim? Original owners, photos, etc. I did locate an original owner rally green cars original owner, however, do not know if the car still exists. Thanks.
the cars are so hard to determine if they are real because of the draging they did parts broke all the time and the yenko parts had to be replaced no one saved them back then because they did not know that the cars would be worth so much today.
ways to tell a real yenko
1. bench seat
2. Gto manual shifter ( it was the only thing that could clear the bench seat)
3. rear has BE stamped in it
4. 427 or LT1 i think were the main eng not sure tho
if im wrong or anything or if you have other info plz let me know

Dick Harrell Camaro
Mar 1st, 10, 06:31 PM
Greg, thanks for the response. I was just curious if any members here had a documented example of a 427 Yenko Nova. I did see the MCE article on Tom Clary's on this site, but it sounds like it was pretty rough when purchased with no docs. Anyone know if docs were ever obtained or if there is in process restoration pictures somewhere?

WILMASBOYL78
Mar 1st, 10, 07:39 PM
The Yenko 427 Novas all started life as L78 cars...they were then converted. I believe the number commonly bounced around is 37 cars were slated for the 427 conversion...but they didn't all get it. The 427 conversion option was a 1969 only thing...the 1970 Yenko Deuce had a small block LT1 350 motor and was a COPO. I think there are lists of VIN numbers that may be known to certain folks on the 1969's...the 1970 cars are better documented. Like any muscle car from that era, few retain their original paperwork...I think a 1969 427 Yenko Nova with bullet proof docs would be a rare vehicle..and would certainly command a premium from a serious collector. Other Yenko experts can probably fill in the gaps, but I think the number of known 427 cars is less than 10...as for docs...???

wilma

h8tulooze
Mar 1st, 10, 08:12 PM
go to www.yenko.net they have great info.

Dick Harrell Camaro
Mar 1st, 10, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the responses. I am very well versed in 1970 Yenko Novas, having owned a dozen over the years. Never had a 69 427 car though, and it appears some that think they do, don't. If a car is thrown in the "ten or so" it should be documented, not a "maybe" car. That is why I am curious as to the "documented" cars vs. the "undocumented" cars, involved in the "10 or so." By the way, nice collection Tom. Very impressive. I almost bought that 1970 orange Nova with 5k miles on it from Bushey. He used that car for reference when he frame-offed my hugger orange 70 Yenko Nova. I also asked Rosen if I bought it, would he make a Motion car out of it. At first he said yes, then declined due to it being a 6 cylinder car. Thats a pretty cool piece.

Thanks for the link Stacey. I know alot of members over there.

WILMASBOYL78
Mar 2nd, 10, 08:43 AM
Dave, I never followed the 69 yenko 427's that close...seems like there is always some cloud of mystery around these cars. I'll leave them to the guys with deep wallets and a better understanding of the product. As for the "orange cooler"...yes it is a neat car....I get a lot of calls from folks who want to buy it. I am always afraid it would become a hot rod and lose it's originality, so it just stays in the garage. We had it at the Nova Nationals this past summer...it was a big hit. Spring will soon be here (hopefully) and we will get it out of mothballs and take her for a drive. Thanks for the kind words....tom:beers:

Dick Harrell Camaro
Mar 9th, 10, 10:30 AM
You are right Joe! "Clouded" is right on the money. Seems if someone has a big block 69 Nova sold at Yenko, it becomes a 427 converted car. :)

I tossed and turned about the orange cooler. I thought it would be neat to have that car and my old orange Yenko nova side by side. Kind of a before and after. That is a great car. Glad you have it, cause you are right, it probably saved it from being non-original! :)

izzybad72
Mar 12th, 10, 10:16 PM
Any docs on the fathom green blk.top car?
Joe